Join Our Team
Thank you for your interest in joining the Professional Bartenders & Servers, Inc. (PBS) team! We are the premier hospitality staffing company in the DMV. We provide the best team of servers and bartenders to make great events happen. We work thousands of events every year with many different hotels and caterers. We are looking for employees who want to work exciting events in Washington, DC, Northern Virginia, Baltimore and the surrounding suburbs. We pay $18 per hour and offer training on all styles of service.
Before you submit your application, we want to be sure you understand our interview process:
Submit a video interview
Pass our online orientation test
Attend and pass two hands-on classes where we teach you everything you need to know!
There will be no compensation during the interview process while we determine if we are a good fit for each other.
Everyone who joins our team starts as a banquet food server. After a season or two, servers can be trained to bartend if interested. Those with 3 or more years of bartending experience will be invited to attend our advanced bartender class. Keep in mind that all bartenders must be willing to work as food servers. Both servers and bartenders make $18 per hour.
- Availability – During our busy seasons (April-June & September – December) we are looking for specific availability. Below are times when we typically have shifts. Your availability can be any one of the following options or a combination of the three. Your schedule can change weekly. We have shifts 7 days per week, however, we cannot guarantee how many hours you will work.
- Three (3) Saturdays a month between the hours of 2pm to 2am
- At least 2 weekday mornings from 5am until at least 3pm
- At least 2 weekday afternoons starting no later than 3pm until at least 11pm
- Some combination of the above
- 21 years or older
- Fluent in English
- Professional appearance
- No visible tattoos or facial piercings
- Natural hair color and nails for women
- Hair cut above the collar for men
- Able to work on your feet for long hours
- Reliable transportation, a cell phone and regular access to a computer
- Cannot work for any other catering companies or staffing companies
- Employment is contingent upon passing a background check
If you meet the above requirements, please fill out the form below. After we review your responses, we will contact you via email if we would you like to complete a video interview.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
Director of Staff Development
Professional Bartenders & Servers, Inc.